For each of the following questions choose one correct answer from A to D
1. When is Blood Pooling most likely?
A. When you cool down slowly
B. When you stop exercising suddenly with no cool down
C. When sitting down for long times
D. If you cross your legs
2. According to the eat-well guide, what is one piece of healthy eating advice that underpins a healthy diet?
A. Eat fewer fruits and vegetables
B. Eat less fish
C. Eat less salt
D. Eat fewer starchy foods
3. What training, if performed long-term, causes increased size and number of mitochondria?
A. Weight lifting
B. Power lifting
D. Aerobic endurance
4. Which programme variable is regressed when a session is performed with fewer sets per exercise than planned?
5. What characteristics do mesomorphic body types tend to have?
A. Lean with low muscle mass
B. Muscular with broad shoulders
C. Predisposed to fat storage
D. Rounder in appearance
6. When working with older adults, which guideline would be most appropriate?
A. High-impact warm-up
B. No warm-up
C. Longer warm-up
D. Shorter warm-up
7. What factor determines the amount of water needed for adequate hydration during exercise?
A. Physical Activity
D. Fitness levels
8. What may be an indicator that training should be regressed?
A. Improved strength
B. Improved fitness
C. Reduced performance
D. Reduced heart rate
9. What will cessation of training cause?
D. Progressive Overload
10. Which factor increases the potential for men to gain greater muscle mass?
A. Increased oestrogen
B. Increased testosterone
C. Increased pelvic width
D. Increased body fat